…celebrate Artichoke Fortnight 24th April – 6th May
Legend has it that ancient god, Zeus, fell in love with a beautiful, capricious nymph named Cynara but she loved the shores and skies of the earth more than him and Mount Olympus. Jealous that he couldn’t enjoy her beauty for himself, Zeus transformed Cynara into a spiky vegetable with a tender heart so humans would never discover her. But we did, and we’ve been falling in love with artichokes ever since. Celebrating this buttery, Mediterranean vegetable whilst in season, Italian neighbourhood fine-dining restaurant, Enoteca Turi in Belgravia, is offering a limited-edition Artichoke Fortnight Menu from 24th April – 6th May. Let new Head Chef Francesco Sodano peel back the armour-like exterior to unveil a menu dedicated to the glorious artichoke. From pickled into antipasti, made the focus in the main courses and cleverly added to the dessert, enjoy this glaucous-green thistle in a multitude of ways.
Artichoke Fortnight Menu 24th April – 6th May
- House aperitif: “Negroni al Cynar” Negroni with artichoke liqueur
- Non alcoholic house aperitif: Crodino
- Artichoke heart with burrata, wild garlic sauce, homemade bottarga
- Maize tagliatelle with artichokes and red Sicilian prawns
- Calves sweetbreads, artichoke “alla giudea”, roasted green beans and amaretto sauce
- Fillet of wild sea bass, artichoke medley, smoked potato, mussel, clam and cherry tomato guazzetto
- Cynar zabaione, dried fruit crumble and walnuts
Headed-up by husband and wife team Giuseppe and Pamela Turi, along with Head Chef Francesco Sodano at the helm, Enoteca Turi is Pimlico’s standout neighbourhood restaurant, showcasing regional Italian cooking, using many ingredients rarely seen outside their traditional province. Produce is treated with skill and a respect for tradition, the dishes exhibiting a fresh approach and putting the spotlight on the regions of Italy, from Piedmont to Puglia, Liguria to Lazio.